Friday 9 March 2012

Scrappy Improv Blocks

Tonight I have made a few more scrappy improv blocks for a quilt I plan to make for myself. I started these with a scrap bag I purchased from my local quilt shop and found that I had quite a few co-ordinating prints in my stash. Most of the fabrics are Michael Miller fabrics.

  

 I really enjoy making these blocks as there is no real precision required. You just sew scrap pieces of fabric together then just stick the 12.5" inch square over the top, cut around and you have a 12.5" quilt block ready to go! And they look fantastic!

These are the other blocks I made previously.


I'm thinking I will sash these in either solid white or black. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh these look great! I think black sashing would be fantastic.

    We must be on the same wavelength - I just sorted out my scraps yesterday with plans to sew them all together. Though I can't decide between complete improv (never done that before!) or the bit more organised mod mosaic technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! I just love scraps, there are so many things you can do with them. I do love the mod mosaic technique, that's on my list of things I want to try :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colours you have used - I would go white sashing myself. How big are you going to make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I'm just going to keep making blocks until I run out of fabric and then work out from there how big it will be. I'm thinking it will be at least a lap quilt size.

      Delete