Saturday 21 April 2012

Not Much Sewing Going On Here

I have done hardly any sewing this week. I think I lost my sewjo. Either that or I have just been too tired. Or it could be the fact that Season 2 of Game Of Thrones started a few weeks back and I have been on the couch with popcorn watching that at night. I did manage to make one quilt block (for my scrappy improv block quilt), but I just wasn't feeling it so I stopped at one.


Anyway, apart from no sewing, I have had a productive week.

Chicken Noodle Soup made in the Slow Cooker - Yum!
Prepping my backyard for artificial turf - more to come on this
Yesterday morning I had an email from my cousin Renae, asking me if I would please make a quilt for her daughter's birthday which is in a month. Of course! It appears that this is just what I needed to get me sewing again, a new project! Miss T is very girly and does dancing so I came up with this fabric selection....


A mix of pastels and brights and I got some baby pink coloured homespun for sashing. At this stage I think I will use the wonderful Piece O'Cake Quilt tutorial from Samelia's Mum. I have been wanting to try it and this is the perfect opportunity. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment