Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday Stash # 4

So, what's new in my stash this week?

Well, I received a parcel from the wonderful Hawthorne Threads. In it were these....


They aren't actually for my stash as such. I purchased them for my mum to make some bunting for Master 2. He recently acquired a big boy bed (single bed) and his new doona cover is this shade of pale blue with grey and white vehicle silhouettes on it. I thought some bunting would go nicely and immediately thought of the bicycle fabrics. I have had my eye on them for ages. All of the fabrics are by Michael Miller Fabrics.

1. Gray Bicycles
2. Sea Disco Dot
3. Sea Dumb Dot
4. Haze Bicycles

I also pulled some Gray Quarter Dot from my stash and also added a fat quarter of a smaller gray and white dot fabric that I got from Spotlight.

Also in my package were these Dumb Dot colours for some custom order bunting. Teal, petal and citron.


I needed one more shade of light blue but unfortunately this colour, Robins Egg, won't be released for a few months yet. Luckily for me my customer doesn't need the bunting until November.

Hawthorne Threads has a minimum cut of 1/2 yard so there will be plenty left over to add to my stash. Yay!

Linking up with Fiona at Finding Fifth.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, gotta love nice leftovers for yourself!! ;) The Michael Miller prints will make beautiful bunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabrics. The top set looks so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely coordinated then. 2 of my kids have bunting and I mean to make the other one some with vintage space fabric - I think it is MMiller too! Thanks for linking up...lovely to have you.

    ReplyDelete