I started this quilt at the beginning of the year for my step-sister Sherree. She is 17. I made the quilt top up at the start of the year but only just quilted it last month, and finished the binding two nights ago.
I used this tutorial from Samelia's Mum, except instead of using a 4 patch in the middle of each block, I used one 9.5" square of fabric. I think it works well for this fabric, Beatrice Bloom by Michael Miller Fabrics.
The backing was in my stash. I had 5 metres of it. I got it at Spotlight when I first started quilting. They had a sale where you could buy what was left on the bolt for $1/metre.
I will be giving this to Sherree for Christmas. I hope she likes it.
So simple and a great way to use scraps. You all know how much I love using scraps!
Next month is the final block for 2012. This is because we started in February this year. Last night I got the sewing machine out for the first time in about a month (I've been sick) and made up my first block for Jessica. Stay tuned.