Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunday Stash # 15

A few weeks ago I picked up these gorgeous inspirational word prints from Spotlight. I went in there to get this spot print cotton/linen blend for a quilt I'm planning to make this month.


Then a few days ago, I went in to look for some fabric for a quilt back and binding and came out with these. The blue spotty fabric is the backing, at $6.00 per metre it only cost me $7.20.


These spots were $4.00 per metre so I got a metre of each. You can never go wrong with spots in the stash.


I may or may not have purchased this fabric to go with a Union Jack block that I am currently in the process of making from a tutorial. The ever gorgeous Molli Sparkles has made up a tutorial for an anatomically correct, non paper pieced Union Jack block and I gladly put my hand up to test the tutorial before it's released on the quilting world. Stay tuned.


Linking up with Fiona for her Sunday Stash.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh I picked up a FQ of that inspirational fabric too - love it!

    Totally with you on the spots - great additions to the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molli Sparkles has a sister named Dotti. She'd be all over that spot filled fabric! Thanks for the mollisparkles.com shout out, too! Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molli Sparkles has a sister named Dotti. She'd be all over that spot filled fabric! Thanks for the mollisparkles.com shout out, too! Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete